257 Pakistanis stranded in Iraq return home on special PIA flight
ISLAMABAD – A special Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight, carrying 257 stranded nationals from Iraq, landed in Islamabad on Saturday.
At Baghdad International Airport, Pakistani ambassador Sajid Bilal saw off the passengers who were stranded in Iraq were working for oil and gas companies and were unable to return following the suspension of international flight operations.
The passengers expressed their gratitude to the government of Pakistan for operating a special flight for their repatriation. They also conveyed their appreciation for the immaculate arrangements made for their safe return.
On the occasion, the Ambassador also conveyed his gratitude to the government of Iraq for their valuable support in facilitating the repatriation of stranded Pakistanis.
COVID19: Pakistan announces low airfare for ... 02:52 PM | 16 May, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The government has announced low airfare for the students, to be ...
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020