Pakistan Petroleum spuds first international exploration well in Iraq
Minister for Petroleum Ghulam Sarwar Khan, while appreciating the spudding of first international exploration well, noted that the reform agenda of the incumbent government including in the oil and gas sector would yield dividends.
He further said that this feat demonstrates that our nation has a rich pool of talented individuals. Sarwar added that efforts would be accelerated to further build on such achievements.
The company is operating Block 8 located in the Mesopotamian basin and is surrounded by areas having several large oil and gas fields.
The well is named as Madian I A Chinese drilling contractor ZEPEC is drilling the well on integrated project management basis.
"This achievement has firmly imprinted PPL's presence on the global energy map" said the minister in a statement.
The Madain-1 prospect was managed with the help of a 3D seismic survey carried out by the company over a 300 square kilometers area of the block that spans around 6,000 square kilometers.
There are multiple reservoir targets in Madian-1 that will be drilled through a depth of approximately 5,000 meters.
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020