#K2Winter2021 – Pakistan congratulates Nepali Sherpas for first winter ascent of K2
ISLAMABAD – The Foreign Ministry of Pakistan on Sunday has congratulated a team of ten climbers from Nepal who became the first in winter to reach the summit of the savage mountain.
Taking it to Twitter, Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said, Heartiest congratulations to the team of Nepali mountaineers on a first-ever winter ascent of K2, world’s second-highest mountain — one of the most coveted achievements in mountaineering. We wish them a safe return.”
Heartiest congratulations to team of #Nepali mountaineers on first-ever winter ascent of #K2 ????????, world’s second-highest mountain — one of the most coveted achievements in mountaineering. We wish them a safe return.— Spokesperson ???????? MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) January 17, 2021
The Prime Minister Office also shared a video of the Nepali mountaineers standing atop the 'savage mountain' after they completed the climb.
Earlier, K2 was the only mountain higher than 8,000m not to be conquered in winters. It is located in the Pakistani portion of the Karakoram range along the Chinese border and is known as the world’s most dangerous peak.
#K2Winter2021 – Nepali Sherpas break winter ... 04:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A 10-member team of Nepali climbers become the first mountaineers to summit world's second highest ...
One of the climbers Nirmal Purja also tweets after the summit. He wrote, the impossible is made possible! K2 Winter – History made for mankind, History made for Nepal!
K2 was first climbed in 1954 by Italian climber Achille Compagnoni. So far, 86 climbers have lost their lives while only 450 climbers have managed to climb it.
- Incarcerated Haleem Adil in hospital again as health deteriorates10:05 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Vote of Confidence: Here's how procedure for a motion of confidence ...09:36 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,714 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths08:45 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 March 202108:17 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021