PML-N candidate Sheikh Aftab narrowly escapes assassination bid in Attock
Aftab and his son, Sheikh Salman, were on their way home after attending a corner meeting in Kamra village, when unidentified men opened fire on his vehicle in an area falls under the jurisdiction of City Police Station.
The former minister is a PML-N candidate from NA-55 whereas his son is taking part in elections from PP-1.
Local media reports say security from Aftab has withdrawn a week ago, following the orders of the Supreme Court.
Around 150 people were martyred and over 250 others injured in the recent wave of terror attacks which hit political gathering in Peshawar, Bannu and Mastung.
Among those killed were Awami National Party (ANP) leader Haroon Bilour and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) candidate Siraj Raisani.
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022