PML-N candidate Sheikh Aftab narrowly escapes assassination bid in Attock
Aftab and his son, Sheikh Salman, were on their way home after attending a corner meeting in Kamra village, when unidentified men opened fire on his vehicle in an area falls under the jurisdiction of City Police Station.
The former minister is a PML-N candidate from NA-55 whereas his son is taking part in elections from PP-1.
Local media reports say security from Aftab has withdrawn a week ago, following the orders of the Supreme Court.
Around 150 people were martyred and over 250 others injured in the recent wave of terror attacks which hit political gathering in Peshawar, Bannu and Mastung.
Among those killed were Awami National Party (ANP) leader Haroon Bilour and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) candidate Siraj Raisani.
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Lt Gen Muhammad Aamer assumes charge as Gujranwala Corps commander08:16 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup – Ireland’s bowler Curtis Campher makes history07:56 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021