PML-N candidate Sheikh Aftab narrowly escapes assassination bid in Attock
Aftab and his son, Sheikh Salman, were on their way home after attending a corner meeting in Kamra village, when unidentified men opened fire on his vehicle in an area falls under the jurisdiction of City Police Station.
The former minister is a PML-N candidate from NA-55 whereas his son is taking part in elections from PP-1.
Local media reports say security from Aftab has withdrawn a week ago, following the orders of the Supreme Court.
Around 150 people were martyred and over 250 others injured in the recent wave of terror attacks which hit political gathering in Peshawar, Bannu and Mastung.
Among those killed were Awami National Party (ANP) leader Haroon Bilour and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) candidate Siraj Raisani.
- Hike in gas price proposed ahead of winter season10:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Sindh court tells employees of power supply company to clean mosque ...10:01 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Huge economic transformation project for Karachi under CPEC launched08:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021