Suspected COVID-19 patient dies at Lahore hospital
LAHORE - The Ministry of National Health Services, Regulation and Coordination on Tuesday confirmed first coronavirus-related death at Lahore’s Mayo Hospital.
Ghulam Imran, a resident of Hafizabad, had returned home after being quarantined for two weeks in Taftan when he crossed into Pakistan from Iran.
CEO Mayo Hospital Dr. Asad Aslam, the deceased had showed symptoms of COVID-19 and was admitted to hospital Monday night.
As his health condition deteriorated, the patient was shifted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where no facility of ventilator was available and later he passed away.
Pakistan on Monday reported its first coronavirus death of a young man from Hangu at Hayatabad medical complex in Peshawar.
The patient, 31, was reported to travel from Qatar to Pakistan. He was admitted to HMC Sunday night.
The country Monday recorded its biggest single-day spike in coronavirus infections, taking the tally to 183, amid reports of ineffective quarantine procedures as dozens of those are reported to be among those who had been held at a quarantine camp at the country's Taftan border crossing with Iran.
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tests positive for ...06:28 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Passing out parade of Pakistan Navy SEAL Course held at Karachi05:44 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020