#MeToo Movement: Nandita Das father Jatin Das accused of sexual harassment by two women
“The next thing I knew, he attempted to grab me. I wriggled out of his embrace, flustered. Then he did it again. This time he managed a clumsy kiss on my lips,” she wrote.
#MeToo One of India's most feted artists alive. Padma Bhushan recipient. My molestor. Long post alert. @IndiaMeToo and so MANY other women, starting with @Rxyxsx Thank you for so much. pic.twitter.com/a6VFC6iHys— Nisha Bora (@NishaBora) October 16, 2018
In her post, Bora, who was then 28 years old, recounted being introduced to Das by her family at a dinner event, following which the artist invited her to assist him in his work. After spending a day working with the artist at his house, Bora was asked to go to the studio the next day, which is when the alleged incident took place. “I recall the feeling of his beard on my skin. I pushed him away and moved away from him,” she wrote.
Along Bora, another woman also opened about she had to go through the same situation when she was harassed by Jatin Das.
(1/3) I was fresh out of college when I met Jatin Das in 2006. I was a project manager for the first Monsoon Festival in Delhi, 2006. I had to pick up a painting from his studio, I called him to ask when. He was sweet till he asked me if I would work for him as his assistant. https://t.co/PsQ9WRO1tB— Anushree Majumdar (@CaptBackspace) October 16, 2018
Jatin's daughter and star Nandita has also reacted to the matter in a Facebook post saying,'Women should be completely ‘sure’ of the allegations before accusing anyone'.
Nandita Das has recently directed a biography titled 'Manto' starring Nawzzuddin Siddique which was released a few days ago in September.
The artist, on the other hand, has rubbished all allegations leveled against him saying them ‘vulgar’.
“I am shocked. All kinds of things are happening these days... Some people do things and some people make allegations. I don’t know her, I have never met her, and even if I did meet somebody somewhere one doesn’t behave like this... It is vulgar,” Das told Indian media.
“There is a game going on, some people are real, have done some things while some people are making allegations for the fun of it,” he added.
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,357 new Covid-19 cases, active infections soar to ...09:26 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021