Burkini swimsuits promote "enslavement of women," says French PM
The comments of Manuel Valls came in the after math of the debate citing the ban on use of Burkini by Muslim women. Mediterranean towns including cannes,Villeneuve Loubet and Sisco on the island of Corsica have already banned the use of burkini and Le Touquet is planning to do the same.
Although the premier threw his weight behind the ban but he expressed that he was not in favour of a national law along such lines.
The French administration is asking mayors in different areas to ease the tension between different communities that erupted after the debate on the use of Burkini started.
On the other hand, the group supporting the ban was of the view that the use of Burkini poses security threat to France. Three women were fined for wearing burkinis at beaches in Cannes few days ago.
It is relevant to mention that France, which has the largest Muslim minority in Europe, already forbids full-face niqab and burqa veils in public.
- Supreme Court urged to probe leaked audio of PM Shehbaz, ministers on ...01:27 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Clip of Imran Khan offering prayers in helicopter goes viral01:20 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022