Burkini swimsuits promote "enslavement of women," says French PM
The comments of Manuel Valls came in the after math of the debate citing the ban on use of Burkini by Muslim women. Mediterranean towns including cannes,Villeneuve Loubet and Sisco on the island of Corsica have already banned the use of burkini and Le Touquet is planning to do the same.
Although the premier threw his weight behind the ban but he expressed that he was not in favour of a national law along such lines.
The French administration is asking mayors in different areas to ease the tension between different communities that erupted after the debate on the use of Burkini started.
On the other hand, the group supporting the ban was of the view that the use of Burkini poses security threat to France. Three women were fined for wearing burkinis at beaches in Cannes few days ago.
It is relevant to mention that France, which has the largest Muslim minority in Europe, already forbids full-face niqab and burqa veils in public.
- Wahab Riaz and Muhammad Waseem help New York Strikers strike down ...03:15 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Indian singer Jubin Nautiyal rushed to hospital with multiple ...02:49 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Punjab education minister shares update on early winter vacations, ...02:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Waleed Malik, Pakistani doctor who sets new record with 29 gold ...01:24 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Ayesha Omar’s bold pictures at beach set internet on fire11:58 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022