PM Imran inaugurates 24/7 Torkham border crossing
PESHAWAR – Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in Torkham Wednesday to formally inaugurate the opening of Pak-Afghan border crossing point for twenty-four hours.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Shah Farman, Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mehmood Khan, and other senior civil and military officials were also present on the occasion.
The border at Torkham has been opened around the clock on trial basis since 2nd of September.
All necessary medical facilities have been arranged in the hospital.
Imran Khan will also address tribal elders.
Political and financial experts Tuesday said the opening of Torkhum border round the clock between Pakistan and Afghanistan would take the volume of bilateral trade and business to new height and would expedite pace of economic development between the two countries.
Ishaq Fuad, former President Sarhad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) and leading businessman of Pakistan told APP that opening of the Tokhum border round the clock was a landmark and positive decision of Pakistan government that would largely benefit people of both the countries.
He said it would help increase bilateral trade and create enormous opportunities of employment for people on both sides of the border. The industries, SMEs and investment sectors in Khyber Pakthunkhwa and Balochistan would be largely benefited from this significant decision and transport sector would help get upward boom in future.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Rasta App & Online Time Scheduling System for Driving License ...07:34 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020