Sindh bans pillion riding in Karachi
KARACHI - The Sindh government has imposed a blanket ban on pillion riding in Karachi as the number of coronavirus cases continue to rise in the province.
According to a notification issued by Sindh Home Department pillion riding on motorcycle was banned during lockdown but now any type of pillion riding has been banned in the province, women and children included.
It has withdrawn all exemptions previously given, according to a notification it issued late Saturday.
Journalists, policemen, women, children and elderly citizens were previously exempted from the ban.
Karachi police chief Ghulam Nabi Memon directed the police ensure strict imposition of the ban and warned of action against the ones violating it.
Earlier, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah had expressed concern regarding the growing number of coronavirus cases in Karachi’s densely populated areas.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020