Amena Khan changing the portrayal of Hijabi girls in the hair industry
Yes Hijabi girls do love their hair!!!
UK based beauty, fashion blogger and L’Oréal Glam squad ambassador, our girl Amena Khan is breaking major stereotypes as she is the first Hijabi to appear in a hair commercial. L’Oréal Paris with collaboration with Amena Khan are making history together.
In the new inclusive L’Oréal campaign Amena is seen wearing a Hijab and promoting the idea of how Hijabi’s also have to face extensive haircare routine. The relationship between Hijab and hair is even more tricky!! This haircare campaign is going to be huge. She is going to be the first Hijab wearing girl to be cast in an international ad campaign.
"Whether or not your hair is on display doesn't affect how much you care about it," Khan
Every Hijabi ever:
“Hair is important to me and i enjoy taking care of it, regardless of who can or cannot see it.”-Khan
She also talked about the bizarre presumptions which people have:
"You have to wonder, why is it presumed that women that don’t show their hair don’t look after it? The opposite of that would be that everyone that does show their hair only looks after it for the sake of showing it to others," she said.
She further talked about how hair is a big part of your self care and it takes a lot of effort to achieve the desired results when it comes to hair. She described how Elvive caters to a large number of diverse hair types and fulfill the needed requirements.
This Instagram and YouTube blogger is not stopping here she will be starting her new hijab line by the name of Pearl Hijab. She also has her own cosmetic company ‘Adere’.
Congratulations for this big success, sending love your way.
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021