Islamabad harassment case: Victim complains of being ‘forced to pursue case’
Girl also trashed allegations to have sought Rs10mn from one of the suspects
ISLAMABAD – A day after skipping the court hearing, the female victim again refused to identify Usman Mirza or the accomplices.
In today’s hearing in Islamabad sessions court, she complained of being pressured to pursue the case against Usman Mirza – the prime suspect who can be seen assaulting and forcing the couple to strip in a viral clip
“I have given the statement that I don't know anyone…I cannot recall the details of the incident and also don't remember what shirt I was wearing that day”, the victim said in response to a query from the prosecutor.
She also mentioned that she was not the girl who was in the viral video that triggered outcry and also rejected allegations to have sought Rs10 million from one of the suspects.
For another time, she mentioned that federal cops obtained her fingerprints and signatures on a blank paper multiple time. She revealed being engaged to the man, the other victim of the incident, adding that they got married after the video went viral.
Meanwhile, the court was told that FIA expert had declared the video genuine and also verified that the face seen and voice heard in the video was of the same girl. The court then adjourned the hearing till January 25.
On Tuesday, the Islamabad district and sessions judge issued non-bailable arrest warrants for the victims of the Islamabad couple harassment case after they failed to appear before the court.
Last week, the victim refused to identify the suspect and wished to retract the case. The law ministry, then announced to pursue the case ‘irrespective of recent developments relating to victim’s testimony’.
State to pursue Usman Mirza case following ... 01:06 PM | 13 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – State will pursue prosecution in the Islamabad couple harassment case after the victim retracted ...
Usman Mirza and his accomplices have been accused of sexually harassing, torturing, and filming a young couple in the E-11 sector. The Islamabad based businessman was detained after a video surfaced on the internet showing him harassing and torturing a young couple at an apartment in Sector E-11.
Usman Mirza arrested for assaulting, stripping ... 12:30 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Police in the federal capital Tuesday claimed to apprehend the culprit, Usman Mirza, who was seen ...
- People loot poultry farm in Punjab as chicken meat prices continue to ...01:22 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistani rupee in free-fall as dollar crosses critical Rs200 mark in ...12:42 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan bans trading websites, mobile apps including OctaFX11:52 AM | 19 May, 2022
- Top Indian court releases convict in ex-PM Rajiv Gandhi’s ...11:00 AM | 19 May, 2022
- Donald Blome takes oath as new US ambassador to Pakistan10:01 AM | 19 May, 2022
- Sajal Aly drops the cutest throwback picture with sister Saboor Aly11:14 PM | 18 May, 2022
- Mehwish Hayat and HSY pair up for an upcoming telefilm06:45 PM | 18 May, 2022
- Ayeza Khan shares loved-up photos with Danish Taimoor05:57 PM | 18 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022