Islamabad harassment case: Victim complains of being ‘forced to pursue case’
Girl also trashed allegations to have sought Rs10mn from one of the suspects
ISLAMABAD – A day after skipping the court hearing, the female victim again refused to identify Usman Mirza or the accomplices.
In today’s hearing in Islamabad sessions court, she complained of being pressured to pursue the case against Usman Mirza – the prime suspect who can be seen assaulting and forcing the couple to strip in a viral clip
“I have given the statement that I don't know anyone…I cannot recall the details of the incident and also don't remember what shirt I was wearing that day”, the victim said in response to a query from the prosecutor.
She also mentioned that she was not the girl who was in the viral video that triggered outcry and also rejected allegations to have sought Rs10 million from one of the suspects.
For another time, she mentioned that federal cops obtained her fingerprints and signatures on a blank paper multiple time. She revealed being engaged to the man, the other victim of the incident, adding that they got married after the video went viral.
Meanwhile, the court was told that FIA expert had declared the video genuine and also verified that the face seen and voice heard in the video was of the same girl. The court then adjourned the hearing till January 25.
On Tuesday, the Islamabad district and sessions judge issued non-bailable arrest warrants for the victims of the Islamabad couple harassment case after they failed to appear before the court.
Last week, the victim refused to identify the suspect and wished to retract the case. The law ministry, then announced to pursue the case ‘irrespective of recent developments relating to victim’s testimony’.
State to pursue Usman Mirza case following ... 01:06 PM | 13 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – State will pursue prosecution in the Islamabad couple harassment case after the victim retracted ...
Usman Mirza and his accomplices have been accused of sexually harassing, torturing, and filming a young couple in the E-11 sector. The Islamabad based businessman was detained after a video surfaced on the internet showing him harassing and torturing a young couple at an apartment in Sector E-11.
Usman Mirza arrested for assaulting, stripping ... 12:30 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Police in the federal capital Tuesday claimed to apprehend the culprit, Usman Mirza, who was seen ...
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion09:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022