Kashmiris mark Accession to Pakistan Day on both sides of LoC
MUZAFFARABAD/SRINAGAR – Kashmiris on both sides of the Line of Control and all over the world observed the Accession to Pakistan Day on Sunday with a renewed pledge to continue the struggle for freedom from Indian occupation and complete merger of Jammu and Kashmir with Pakistan.
On this day in 1947, genuine representatives of the Kashmiris unanimously passed the resolution of Kashmir’s Accession to Pakistan during a meeting of the All Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference at the residence of Sardar Muhammad Ibrahim Khan in Srinagar.
As per the understanding behind the Partition Plan of the British India, the Princely States were free to accede to either of the two newly established countries.
The decision of 19th July 1947 was a testimony to the fact that the people of Kashmir had linked their future with Pakistan.
July 19, a historic day linking future of Kashmir ... 05:49 PM | 19 Jul, 2020
ISLAMABAD -Jammu and Kashmir National Front (JKNF) on Sunday while terming 19th July as a defining moment in ...
Meanwhile, Hurriyat leaders and organisations including Ghulam Muhammad Khan Sopori, Hilal Ahmad War, Shabbir Ahmad Dar, Umar Aadil Dar, Javed Ahmad Mir, Yasmeen Raja, Mohammed Yousuf Naqash, Manzoor Ghazi, Jammu and Kashmir National Front, Ummat-e-Islami, Islami Tanzeem-e-Azadi and Pairwaan-e-Wilayat in their statements in Srinagar said, decision of 19th July 1947 was a testimony to the fact that the people of Kashmir had linked their future with Pakistan.
On the other hand, an analytical report released by Research Section of Kashmir Media Service, today, revealed that over 450,000 Kashmiris have laid down their lives for Jammu and Kashmir’s freedom from Indian occupation and its Accession to Pakistan during the last over seven decades.
The report said that the celebrations of Pakistan National Day, raising of its National Flag, singing of Pakistan’s National Anthem, raising of slogans in favour of Pakistan and burial of Kashmiri martyrs, shrouded in Pakistani Flag, vindicate the fact that the people of Kashmir have strong commitment with the Islam Republic of Pakistan.
Speakers at a roundtable organized by APHC-AJK chapter in Islamabad, said that Kashmiri people had ascertained their destiny to be a part of Pakistan.
Former AJK President, Sardar Muhammad Yaqoob Khan chaired the event while AJK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider Khan was the special guest, the Radio Pakistan reported.
And in occupied Kashmir, clashes erupted after Indian troops launched a cordon and search operation in Anchar area of Soura in the Srinagar outskirts, according to Kashmir Media Service.
Meanwhile, the APHC leader, Advocate Devinder Singh Behl in a statement issued in Jammu expressed grave concern over the new construction policy approved by the Indian authorities for Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the policy has paved the way for Indian forces to occupy Kashmiris' lands and carry out construction and other activities.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021