Punjab Wildlife and Fisheries Minister Malik Asad Ali Khokhar resigned
LAHORE - Punjab for wildlife and Fisheries Malik Asad Ali Khokhar has resigned from his portfolio citing a lack of focus on his constituency caused this development, reported local media on Sunday.
The PTI MPA said, “I was not removed from the ministry, I have submitted my resignation. "I have taken this decision because he could not focus on his constituency due to the responsibilities he had with the ministry," Khokhar explained.
The Punjab government has also issued a notification regarding the acceptance of his resignation. The lawmaker was inducted in the provincial cabinet on December 31 of last year. The PTI leader was elected from PP-168 after he emerged victorious in a by-election held in 2018.
Khokhar's appointment as provincial minister faced severe criticism and despite being a minister he was not awarded any portfolio for several months.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021