PM Imran seeks speedy restructuring of PIA
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday emphasized the need to expedite the process of reforms and restructuring of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to save billions of rupees of the national exchequer.
Chairing a meeting about reforms in the PIA, he said taking out national institutions of losses, and making them active and stable was an important part of the present government’s agenda.
The prime minister said there was a need to expedite the reforms process in government institutions as the people had to bear the burden of their billions of rupees’ losses.
The prime minster said that by making the national institution like PIA profitable, it was necessary to ensure the best utilization of all its available resources in a transparent manner, besides expediting its administrative reforms process.
The meeting reviewed progress on reforms in the PIA, ways to save it from further losses and make it a profitable institution. It was told that after the induction of the present administration, the PIA’s losses had reduced satisfactorily and at operational level it was in a position to run flights without bearing any loss. However, it was informed that the COVID-19 situation had affected the efforts.
- Four Pakistan soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Housing minister Tariq Basheer Cheema tests positive for coronavirus08:26 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- New optical fibre cable operationalized from Khunjrab to Islamabad: ...07:39 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill another Kashmiri ahead of Martyrs’ Day06:59 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020