Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 2020
The EIU's 'Worldwide Cost of Living 2020' report details how Covid-19 is affecting the prices of consumer goods across the globe.
Karachi is among the top 10 cheapest cities in the world again, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit's Worldwide Cost of Living 2020 report.
Researchers looked at the prices of 138 products and services - including food, drink, clothing and household supplies in around 130 cities worldwide - to draw up the ranking of the most and least costly metropolises.
The ranking has been put together by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) as part of its 2020 Worldwide Cost of Living Survey. It has conducted the survey for a second time this year to take into account Covid-19's impact on global prices and incomes.
Here’s a list of top 10 cheapest cities to live during the pandemic in 2020:
World's cheapest cities:
1. Damascus (Syria)
2. Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
3. Lusaka (Zambia)
4. Caracas (Venezuela)
5. Almaty (Kazakhstan)
6. Karachi (Pakistan)
7. Buenos Aires (Argentina)
8. Algiers (Algeria)
9. Bangalore (India)
10. Chennai (India)
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020