Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 2020
The EIU's 'Worldwide Cost of Living 2020' report details how Covid-19 is affecting the prices of consumer goods across the globe.
Karachi is among the top 10 cheapest cities in the world again, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit's Worldwide Cost of Living 2020 report.
Researchers looked at the prices of 138 products and services - including food, drink, clothing and household supplies in around 130 cities worldwide - to draw up the ranking of the most and least costly metropolises.
The ranking has been put together by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) as part of its 2020 Worldwide Cost of Living Survey. It has conducted the survey for a second time this year to take into account Covid-19's impact on global prices and incomes.
Here’s a list of top 10 cheapest cities to live during the pandemic in 2020:
World's cheapest cities:
1. Damascus (Syria)
2. Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
3. Lusaka (Zambia)
4. Caracas (Venezuela)
5. Almaty (Kazakhstan)
6. Karachi (Pakistan)
7. Buenos Aires (Argentina)
8. Algiers (Algeria)
9. Bangalore (India)
10. Chennai (India)
- Pakistan's remittances rise to all-time high in April02:10 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to express solidarity with Palestinians on Friday12:33 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Infinix NOTE10 Pro launched in Pakistan, price, sale info, offers, ...12:09 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities speak up against Israeli brutalities in ...08:41 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Bill Gates was ‘having an affair’ with a woman at Microsoft11:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021