India caste violence: Lahore-Delhi Dosti Bus service suspended
An official of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) told the media that 20 passengers had booked seats to travel to Delhi Monday, all of whom have been notified of the postponement.
A date for the resumption of the service has not been announced yet.
Ten people have died in caste protests which triggered widespread arson and looting in the north Indian state, as New Delhi faced a water crisis after mobs shut down a key supply.
Thousands of troops with shoot-on-sight orders were deployed on Saturday in Haryana state, a day after week-long protests turned violent with rioters setting fire to homes and railway stations and blocking highways.
In fresh clashes on Sunday, at least seven people were shot dead by the armed forces in Haryana.
The deceased include four in Jhajjar and one in Kaithal. The Central Government in Delhi is providing a chopper to Haryana for monitoring the measures to control the agitation and also spray tear gas to disperse mobs, especially at blockades, according the Indian media reports.
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh defeat Oman in must-win game11:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Why was Yuvraj Singh arrested?11:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021