India caste violence: Lahore-Delhi Dosti Bus service suspended
An official of Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) told the media that 20 passengers had booked seats to travel to Delhi Monday, all of whom have been notified of the postponement.
A date for the resumption of the service has not been announced yet.
Ten people have died in caste protests which triggered widespread arson and looting in the north Indian state, as New Delhi faced a water crisis after mobs shut down a key supply.
Thousands of troops with shoot-on-sight orders were deployed on Saturday in Haryana state, a day after week-long protests turned violent with rioters setting fire to homes and railway stations and blocking highways.
In fresh clashes on Sunday, at least seven people were shot dead by the armed forces in Haryana.
The deceased include four in Jhajjar and one in Kaithal. The Central Government in Delhi is providing a chopper to Haryana for monitoring the measures to control the agitation and also spray tear gas to disperse mobs, especially at blockades, according the Indian media reports.
- Pakistan initiates dialogue with Taliban for an inclusive Afghan ...03:18 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh announces public holiday on Sept 22 to mark Urs of Shah Abdul ...02:33 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021