Janet Jackson talks about 'intense' battle with depression
#ThisIsWhatDepressionFeelsLike— Wilspec 🇨🇦🇬🇧 (@HobbsWil) February 25, 2017
Lost in a world of people who don't understand.
The 52 year-old-singer shared that the cause of such condition is related to her childhood memories, which she linked to complex and societal racism and sexism.
In an essay in the latest issue of Essence, a magazine geared toward African American women, the superstar said that she has found joy after giving birth to her first child last year.
But the singer - who became a superstar in her 20s with her blending of hip-hop into pop music and her elaborately choreographed live shows - said that her 30s were "difficult years."
She said: "The struggle was intense. I could analyze the source of my depression forever," she said."
"Low self-esteem might be rooted in childhood feelings of inferiority. It could relate to failing to meet impossibly high standards. And of course, there are always the societal issues of racism and sexism," she told.
"Put it all together and depression is a tenacious and scary condition. Thankfully, I found my way through it.
She gave birth to her first child, Eissa, at an unusually late age and believes it to be a true blessing in life!
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- WWF-Pakistan hosts international conference to tackle fisheries ...10:52 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Al-Ghazi Tractors launches 2023 models in Pakistan10:39 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist in Peshawar IBO10:18 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- PAKvBAN – Pakistan to take on Bangladesh in tri-series opener ...10:00 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Uorfi Javed slams Shehnaaz Gill for supporting #MeToo accused Sajid ...06:33 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Abdullah Qureshi bids farewell to music for religious reasons03:45 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022