Afghan parliament siege ended; six militants killed
Three explosions took place outside the parliament and one inside the Lower House, while six gunmen stormed the parliament. Officials report the attackers have been killed by special forces.
Earlier, security forces cordoned off the area and transported parliamentarians and journalists to a safe place. Special forces arrived at the scene with delay of half an hour.
The attack took place when the parliament session was in progress. No casualty has been reported so far.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the Parliament attack.
- Orange Line officials brutally thrash labourers for taking shelter ...11:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Suleman Shehbaz in money ...11:25 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran talks about Broadsheet revelations, Chan's resignation in ...11:09 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- North Korea unveils ‘world's most powerful’ weapon10:29 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- 'One marriage only,' Akhundzada issues unprecedented guidelines for ...09:51 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021