IHC postpones local body elections in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has postponed the local bodies' elections in the federal capital as the Election Commission of Pakistan has been directed to make fresh delimitation of constituencies.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah announced the verdict in pleas of PML-N and PPP.
The IHC also ordered that the Election Commission of Pakistan will submit a report within 65 days after finalizing the delimitations.
The top election body maintained before the court that ECP will conduct delimitation and then it will announce the schedule for the local bodies’ elections in ICT.
Earlier, talking to media, PML-N leader Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhary appreciated the verdict and termed it timely decision for the dwellers of Islamabad.
Big blow to PTI in home ground as JUI-F leads in ... 12:23 PM | 20 Dec, 2021
PESHAWAR – Pakistan’s ruling party PTI appeared to be losing in its home ground as Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam ...
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- At least two dead, several injured as violence mars Sindh local govt ...05:44 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa dance their heart out on ‘Loota Re’ ...03:00 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022