Maleeha stresses unified approach to tackle Syrian refugee crisis
While taking part in a General Assembly meeting in Washington about Syrian asylum-seekers, Pakistan Ambassador to United Nations Maleeha Lodhi stressed a clear, resolute and unified approach which is based on humanitarian principles to tackle the unprecedented refugee crisis.
She maintained that foreign intervention results in more chaos and violence and breaks down established structures, destroying states and displacing people.
Maleeha pointed out that a few countries had blatantly refused to accept refugees for being Muslima.
“Denial of asylum to Muslim refugees by some countries was legally, politically and morally untenable,” she held, saying: “The flow of humanity to European shores must be met with humanity.”
She said Pakistan is still hosting more than three million Afghan refugees.
She urged political solutions to halt conflicts in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere in the world.
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- 40pc Pakistanis 'unhappy' with PM Imran’s current performance: ...10:53 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020