'Terror alert' for Peshawar ahead of PDM rally
ISLAMABAD – The National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) on Sunday issued a threat alert that Tehreek e Taliban can target PDM rally through a suicide bomber or IED blast.
As per the details, the intelligence agencies traced a call of the TTP after which the political leadership has been informed about the threat alert.
Sources said the authorities have beefed up the security of the venue amid threat.
The participants of the public rally have been directed to park their vehicles some 1.5km away from the venue and only leaders would be allowed to enter with their vehicles.
In wake of the current situation, the ring road has been closed from Charsadda to the motorway, while shops and the CNG stations have also been closed.
Pakistan democratic alliance (PDM) is holding a public gathering at Peshawar’s Kabootar Chowk today despite a ban on rallies from the government in wake of an increase in Covid-19 cases.
PDM all set to hold Peshawar rally despite govt ... 11:31 AM | 22 Nov, 2020
PESHAWAR – Pakistan democratic alliance (PDM) is all set to hold a public gathering at Peshawar’s Kabootar ...
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020