Pakistan denounces India's bid to use water as weapon
Delivering a key-note address at the World Affairs Council, a Washington-based think-tank Thursday night, Pakistan’s Ambassador to the United States Jalil Abbas Jilani also called on the US and the international community to help resolve the Kashmir dispute and did not allow New Delhi to distract world from the atrocities, it was committing on the innocent Kashmiri people.
The Ambassador regretted that India was scuttling all diplomatic efforts for a dialogue, including its refusal to engage constructively at the SAARC forum.
“The peace and stability in South Asia will not be possible without resolving underlying disputes, particularly the Jammu and Kashmir being the core dispute; measures for nuclear and missile restraint; and balance with regard to conventional arms,” Ambassador Jilani said.
“Pakistan’s proposal for a strategic restraint regime, based on these three inter-locking elements, remains on the table,” he said, drawing the attention towards Pakistan’s efforts for peace in the region.
Pakistan, he added, has positioned itself as a mainstream partner in the international non-proliferation regime as well as the global efforts to strengthen nuclear security and safety.
“The international community and the US in particular need to play a role in seeking a peaceful settlement of Kashmir dispute between India and Pakistan, in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions” he said.
He said the recent indigenous uprising in Kashmir bears testimony to the aspiration of Kashmiri people in seeking what the international community had promised but not delivered.
The Ambassador said that recently, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s special envoys visited Washington to share Pakistan’s perspective, on the grave human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Kashmir, with the US side.
On Pakistan-US relations, the Ambassador shared perspective on trends and prospects in the longstanding relationship and its continuing significance to the foreign
policy of Pakistan.
He said Pakistan enjoys a long-standing strategic partnership with the United States and, though the history of our relationship has seen its ups and downs, it has certainly survived multiple tests of times.
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Asif, Malik guide Pakistan to seal 5-wicket victory against ...10:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021