Five sentenced to death for burning alive Christian couple in Kot Radha Kishan
Mehdi Khan, Riaz Kambo, Irfan Shakoor, Muhammad Hanif, and Hafiz Ishtiaq were also fined Rs200,000 for their involvement in the lynching.
A challan submitted in court claimed the five men gathered a large mob of hundreds by making announcements over a mosque loudspeaker and incited them to violence with incendiary speech.
Eight others - Muhammad Hussain, Noorul Hasan, Muhammad Arsalan, Muhammad Haris, Muhammad Muneer, Muhammad Ramazan, Irfan and Hafiz Shahid - have also been charged with the crime and sentenced to two years each in prison.
A mob of around 400 people lynched Shahzad and Shama for their alleged role in desecrating the Holy Quran in last November. Both husband and wife were brick kiln workers from Chak-59 of Kot Radha Kishan, a town in Kasur district. The woman, mother of three, was with child.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar due in Pakistan tonight by flight carrying PM Shehbaz Sharif08:15 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'I don't want an army chief of my choice; just want appointment on ...07:25 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed set the dance floor on fire at HUM Award ...05:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Humayun Saeed's Netflix debut 'The Crown' all set to release in ...04:32 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Saboor Aly’s new bold pictures set internet on fire01:44 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022