PIA suspends flight operations to China till March 15
KARACHI - Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has announced to suspend flight operations to China till March 15 amid fears of Coronavirus spread, local media reported.
PIA spokesperson said that a decision about extending or ending the suspension would be taken after reviewing the situation in an official meeting.
The national flag carrier's decision comes amid the spread of the deadly virus to another neighbouring country, Iran, where death toll rose to eight since the infection was reported on Wednesday last week.
In January, Pakistan had suspended operations to China briefly amid coronavirus outbreak and allowed airlines to resume flights only after installing scanners at the airport.
The death toll in the outbreak of the noval coronavirus in China has climbed to 2870, and more than 79,000 people have been infected, causing a global alarm.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022