FBR rejects reports about duty free import of bullet proof vehicles
ISLAMABAD – Federal Board of Revenue has categorically denied reports that it has issued any SRO allowing taxes and duty free import of bullet proof vehicles.
In a tweet on Saturday, a spokesperson of FBR recalled that the Federal Cabinet had allowed such facility in 2019 but clarified that no notification to this effect has been issued so far.
The response comes as some media portals claimed that duty free import of luxury vehicles has been allowed by the Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s cabinet.
The reports sparked massive online criticism as people started slamming the government for relaxing the rules to facilitate handful persons at a time when the country is facing devastation floods.
Flash floods triggered by abnormal monsoon rains have so far killed more than 1,500 people across the country, besides displacing thousands of people.
Over 33 million were affected by the floods that has incurred losses worth $30 million on the Pakistan’s economy which is already under pressure due to declining value of the rupee.
FBR in action to stop harassment of in-bound ... 09:51 AM | 31 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has appointed focal persons at all international airports to ...
- PAKvENG: Pakistan 80-2 in pursuit of 343-run target on Day 405:00 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022