PM Nawaz for implementation on recommendations of national commission for human rights
The chief secretaries of all the provinces have been directed to ensure implementation of these recommendations.
The national commission for human rights Pakistan has undertaken a detailed analysis of incidents of child abuse and exploitation, in the wake of Kasur incident, to address the issue of child rights and protection.
The commission recommends that child protection systems shall be reviewed and reformed in compliance with the provisions of the un conventions on the rights of the child; budgetary provisions shall be increased and appropriate administrative actions must be taken for child protection and assistance.
"Provincial governments should take all necessary steps to adopt and implement a plan of action for children and devise a child protection policy at provincial and district levels.
"Provincial governments should promote public awareness about child rights and child protection issues in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders; law enforcing agencies, prosecution, judiciary, lawyers and social welfare departments shall be sensitized on the issue at provincial and district levels.
"Provincial governments shall review their respective police laws to make appropriate changes as required; well trained and experienced prosecutors shall be appointed at the districts and provincial level and progress on legal proceedings related to child rights, shall be constantly monitored.
- CTD guns down five BLA terrorists in Balochistan's Mastung11:36 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Contributions of women in all fields deserve our immense respect, ...09:50 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- TTP commander among 4 terrorists killed in Waziristan IBOs: ISPR09:20 AM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021