PM Nawaz to ground break Karachi’s bus rapid transit system today
The Green Line Bus Rapid Transit System is a significant milestone in upgrading and decongesting the overburdened transport infrastructure of Karachi as well as reducing the cost and travel time for the residents of Karachi, said a PM House statement on Thursday.
After its completion, the corridor would benefit nearly 300,000 passengers a day. The estimated cost of the corridor is Rs 16,085 million and entire funding had been provided by the federal government. The project would be completed within a year.
The Rapid Transit system would start from Surjani Town and culminate at Municipal Park, M.A Jinnah Road.
Karachi Infrastructure Development Company Limited (KIDCL) has been incorporated under a Board of Directors, comprising a good mix of project stakeholders including senior government functionaries, independent and technical directors and members from academia to take all decisions independently for planning and implementation of the project.
- Leading property developer and Overseas Pakistani Commission Punjab ...06:48 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan clean sweep 3-match T20 series against Sri Lanka05:27 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video goes viral02:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022