Hillary Clinton's upcoming nomination at Democratic Convention may split the party for good
Bernie Sanders, who had demanded Debbie’s resignation even before the leaks, said that she had made the right decision for the party by stepping down. He also reminded Democrats that the party leader should be impartial in nomination process, a requirement that Schultz clearly did not fulfill based on evidence from the leaked DNC emails.
The emails, which were leaked by the global whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, show DNC officials thinking of different ways to undermine Bernie’s momentous Presidential campaign, including raising question about his faith.
These emails have eclipsed the Democratic Party's preparations for Hiliary Clinton’s official nomination in Philadelphia as the party's presidential candidate against the already-nominated Republican candidate Donald Trump. Both candidates will contest the upcoming United States Presidential elections in November, this year.
Hillary, who is set to become the first woman nominated for President by a major US party, will be endorsed by the Businessman and ex-mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg in a prime-time speech today.
However, the leak of DNC private emails has rocked the party which is keen on putting up a united front in contrast to the divisions that were on display in the Republican party during Trump's nomination last week. A bitter primary campaign between Clinton and Sanders has already caused concern among many Democratic-leaning voters caught between the markedly different agendas of both candidates.
The resignation of the chairwoman and the pro-Sanders rally in Philadelphia has dealt a dramatic blow to the party keen on showing a united front.
DNC Vice Chair Donna Brazile, also a political commentator for CNN, has been announced as the interim leader, which will suspend her contract with CNN throughout the period of elections.
- Pakistan again increases petrol, diesel prices09:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- In a rare move, Pakistan announces punishment for cruelty against ...09:02 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- FIFA lifts suspension of Pakistan Football Federation (VIDEO)08:28 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Hamza Shahbaz case: PTI to challenge LHC verdict in Supreme Court07:20 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Maya Ali sends pulses racing with new sizzling photos06:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Anoushay Abbasi drops stunning clicks from Dubai vacation06:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022