Hillary Clinton's upcoming nomination at Democratic Convention may split the party for good
Bernie Sanders, who had demanded Debbie’s resignation even before the leaks, said that she had made the right decision for the party by stepping down. He also reminded Democrats that the party leader should be impartial in nomination process, a requirement that Schultz clearly did not fulfill based on evidence from the leaked DNC emails.
The emails, which were leaked by the global whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, show DNC officials thinking of different ways to undermine Bernie’s momentous Presidential campaign, including raising question about his faith.
These emails have eclipsed the Democratic Party's preparations for Hiliary Clinton’s official nomination in Philadelphia as the party's presidential candidate against the already-nominated Republican candidate Donald Trump. Both candidates will contest the upcoming United States Presidential elections in November, this year.
Hillary, who is set to become the first woman nominated for President by a major US party, will be endorsed by the Businessman and ex-mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg in a prime-time speech today.
However, the leak of DNC private emails has rocked the party which is keen on putting up a united front in contrast to the divisions that were on display in the Republican party during Trump's nomination last week. A bitter primary campaign between Clinton and Sanders has already caused concern among many Democratic-leaning voters caught between the markedly different agendas of both candidates.
The resignation of the chairwoman and the pro-Sanders rally in Philadelphia has dealt a dramatic blow to the party keen on showing a united front.
DNC Vice Chair Donna Brazile, also a political commentator for CNN, has been announced as the interim leader, which will suspend her contract with CNN throughout the period of elections.
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab students to get Rs3,000 monthly stipend under Waseela Taleem ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021