Pakistan reports another polio case in North Waziristan
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has reported the eleventh polio case of this year as the health authorities detected one more case in the country’s North Waziristan tribal district.
This time, an eight-month-old boy has been diagnosed with the polio disease in Mir Ali Union Council 7, reports said.
Health authorities said that the total number of cases in Mir Ali has reached eight.
Federal Health Minister Abdul Qadir Patel has urged people to cooperate with the government to eradicate polio virus and asked them to ensure the administration of anti-polio drops to their children.
Health officials said that new cases surfaced due to parents’ refusal during vaccination drives. Earlier, the South Asian nation has made tremendous success against polio over the past few years.
The southern districts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, namely North and South Waziristan, DI Khan, Bannu, Tank and Lakki Marwat, are at the highest risk of wild poliovirus, per reports.
Polio is a highly infectious and debilitating disease that is usually spread through contaminated water or food. Invading the nervous system, the disease can cause total paralysis within hours.
The contagious virus thrived in the borderlands between Pakistan and Afghanistan where militants attacked and even killed anti-polio teams.
Pakistan Army chief assures Bill Gates of ... 10:44 AM | 30 Apr, 2022
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa appreciated the efforts being made by Co-Chair of the ...
- 700 years old groom market in Bihar – some facts about a dying ...11:40 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- FIA writes to Imran Khan seeking party funding details11:08 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- realme Unveils its Production Process to its Community with a Visit ...10:01 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- U Microfinance Bank planted 5,000 trees09:52 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Late Pakistani pop icon Nazia Hassan to be featured on New York's ...09:47 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir's latest video breaks the internet07:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- 'I don't need a man in my life,' says Urwa Hocane09:49 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Hadiqa Kiani shares sweet moments with mother on birthday11:02 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022