6 must-see places in Istanbul, the 'City of Seven Hills'
If you are already in the 'City of Seven Hills', Istanbul, or planning to visit this historical city that straddles Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus Strait, you should know about a few tourist destinations that every tourist must see while visiting Turkey.
Here are 6 places you visit when you are in Istanbul.
This neighbourhood of Istanbul was once known as the Jewish quarter of the city and you can still find many synagogues here, as well as a more diverse group of residents. It is located on the European side of Istanbul, in the old city on the historic peninsula, on the western bank of the Golden Horn.
Rüstem Pasha Mosque
While the Istanbul's famous Blue Mosque is crowded with tourists, the Rüstem Pasha Mosque leaves plenty of space to relax and take it all in at your own pace. It's small, but covered in beautiful blue Iznik tiles with a bright red floor and has an authentic atmosphere about it.
The Mural Istanbul Festival has turned the Yeldeğirmeni neighbourhood of Kadıköy into one large open-air art gallery. The area features street art murals by local and international artists on almost every corner. You can drop by the Hush Hostel to get a map of the neighbourhood, which highlights where the art can be found.
Çamlıca is the highest hill in Istanbul and the best viewing point for the city's beautiful sunsets. It is 263 meters above sea level, full of fresh air and commonly used as a picnic area. You'll find a few restaurants, a Turkish cafe and a park.
It is a private industrial museum in Istanbul dedicated to the history of transport, industry and communications. The museum is located in the suburb of Hasköy on the north shore of the Golden Horn and situated in two historical buildings connected to each other.
Sahaflar Çarşısı is the second-hand book Bazar has been a book and paper market since Byzantine times. It is located next to Beyazit Mosque, it was a place to publish and distribute as it was an important literary and intellectual centre during the Ottoman period.
- Covid vaccination certificate mandatory for domestic air travel from ...02:54 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Afghanistan halts flight operation at Kandahar airport after rocket ...02:25 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan cannot afford additional Afghan refugees: NSA Yusuf01:35 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Hareem Shah sets internet on fire with new swimming pool videos01:01 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Jhanvi Kapoor sets internet on fire with new workout video09:53 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021