PM Imran perturbed over proposal to give Islamabad’s Fatima Jinnah Park in mortgage
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday expressed anger over a summary seeking to pledge a public park in the federal capital for issuing Sukuk bonds to raise debt.
The prime minister was chairing a cabinet meeting when the summary was presented by finance secretary. The others members of the cabinet also criticised the summary with some calling for giving the Islamabad club, a place for elite class, in mortgage instead of the Fatima Jinnah Part, which also known as F-9 park.
“Who is giving suggestions of pledging the F-9 part?” questioned the premier, adding that the public park should not be given in mortgage as such moves damaged the reputation of the government.
The finance secretary said that pledging the park is just a symbolic move, to which, Khan said then pledge Prime Minister House if it is symbolic.
For the mortgage, the officials had valued the landmark Fatima Jinnah Park, Islamabad, at $5.8 billion or Rs930 billion with the intention of pledging.
Govt to issue Sukuk bonds against Islamabad’s ... 10:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The federal government has decided to place 750 acres of the F-9 Park Islamabad as a guarantee for ...
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bilawal visits Hamza and Chaudhary Brothers in Lahore07:06 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021