Bank Alfalah clears the concern over its strategy for COVID-19
Last night, unverified news started circulating on certain sections of social and broadcast media, regarding an employee of Bank Alfalah potentially catching the CoronaVirus and resulting in the closure of their Shahdin Manzil Branch in Lahore. In order to separate facts from rumors and provide accurate information, Bank Alfalah issued the following statement:
“Bank Alfalah is aware of certain news that is circulating in the media regarding the potential spread of CoronaVirus within its locations. It is important that we clarify the situation and take our valued customers into confidence.
As per the bank’s protocol, any employee exhibiting flu-like symptoms at any of our locations is being asked to immediately return home and seek medical assistance. In the interest of customer and employee safety, the remaining employees of these locations are also being requested to return home and go into self-isolation. This is being followed by thorough disinfection and deep cleaning exercise of our premises on a priority basis.
The same protocol was followed at our Shahdin Manzil Branch, which had already been operating with a reduced staff. An employee reported possible flu-like symptoms and was instructed to self-isolate and seek medical assistance. The employee is awaiting his test results and we wish him good health and a speedy recovery regardless of the outcome. To further minimize exposure, the reduced staff present at the Shahdin Manzil Branch has also been instructed to practice self-isolation and get medical assistance. We are following the same protocol at all locations across Pakistan.
Bank Alfalah has already implemented a policy to operate our locations with reduced staff to minimize the risk of exposure to employees and customers alike. This also ensures that in any unfortunate circumstance, each location has a contingency team prepared to take over and ensure continuity of operations. To this end, employees are being asked to proactively report to their line managers in case they are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms.
We are committed to serving our customers and protecting our staff, even in these unprecedented and challenging times. We thank YOU for your trust in Bank Alfalah and your patience while we keep you safe.”
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Punjab Food Minister Samiullah Chaudhry resigns06:39 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019