Bank Alfalah clears the concern over its strategy for COVID-19
Last night, unverified news started circulating on certain sections of social and broadcast media, regarding an employee of Bank Alfalah potentially catching the CoronaVirus and resulting in the closure of their Shahdin Manzil Branch in Lahore. In order to separate facts from rumors and provide accurate information, Bank Alfalah issued the following statement:
“Bank Alfalah is aware of certain news that is circulating in the media regarding the potential spread of CoronaVirus within its locations. It is important that we clarify the situation and take our valued customers into confidence.
As per the bank’s protocol, any employee exhibiting flu-like symptoms at any of our locations is being asked to immediately return home and seek medical assistance. In the interest of customer and employee safety, the remaining employees of these locations are also being requested to return home and go into self-isolation. This is being followed by thorough disinfection and deep cleaning exercise of our premises on a priority basis.
The same protocol was followed at our Shahdin Manzil Branch, which had already been operating with a reduced staff. An employee reported possible flu-like symptoms and was instructed to self-isolate and seek medical assistance. The employee is awaiting his test results and we wish him good health and a speedy recovery regardless of the outcome. To further minimize exposure, the reduced staff present at the Shahdin Manzil Branch has also been instructed to practice self-isolation and get medical assistance. We are following the same protocol at all locations across Pakistan.
Bank Alfalah has already implemented a policy to operate our locations with reduced staff to minimize the risk of exposure to employees and customers alike. This also ensures that in any unfortunate circumstance, each location has a contingency team prepared to take over and ensure continuity of operations. To this end, employees are being asked to proactively report to their line managers in case they are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms.
We are committed to serving our customers and protecting our staff, even in these unprecedented and challenging times. We thank YOU for your trust in Bank Alfalah and your patience while we keep you safe.”
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022