NAB files another reference against Asif Zardari in fake accounts case
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has filed another reference against former president Asif Ali Zardari in the ongoing fake accounts probe.
In the latest reference, that has been filed at an accountability court in Islamabad, accuses the co-chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) of corruption involving Rs8 billion.
Another person Mushtaq Ahmed, who worked as stenographer in the Presidential Palace during Zardari’s tenure (2009-2013), have also been named as the suspect in the reference.
The reference states that Ahmed’s account was used for an illegal transaction of Rs8.3 billion to make payment to a private housing society for buying properties.
The anti-graft watchdog claims the properties are owned by Zardari.
Mushtaq, who is reportedly in London, is considered a key suspect in the fake accounts investigation.
A third accused in the case, Zain Malik, already made a plea-bargain with the NAB and deposited around Rs9 billion to the national kitty.
FIA to probe Asif Zardari, former NAB chairmen in ... 04:01 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The incumbent PTI-led government has allowed the federal investigators to start probe against all ...
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Army chief tells military, intelligence officials to stay away from ...10:45 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- realme 9 Series Redefined Ultra-clear Smartphone Photography with ...10:25 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022