"Sachi yaari?" Prime Minister's informal photo with 'Chief Justice' goes viral, but there's a catch...
A picture going viral on the social media apparently shows Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif 'partying' with the new Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar, while insidiously suggesting that both of them are in an alliance against Imran Khan, who has endeavoured to contest prime ministership.
However, contrary to what is being disseminated in an apparent propagandist vilification campaign, the picture is of Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zafar Jhagra and not of Justice Saqib Nisar.
Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, who conspicuously resembles the Justice Saqib is also the current Secretary-General of the Pakistan Muslim League (N).
It is unclear yet if this is part of a deliberate strategy, but the consequences of such actions patently favour PTI and serve as a booster in its popularity.
With many other such typical campaigns, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) or its significant population on social media has time and again indulged in what they profess to be ‘Tabdeeli’ campaigns.
Often these are in the form of morphed photographs and even quotes from fake Twitter accounts.
- Pakistan showcases 'Koh-i-Noor' at Natural History Museum06:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's coronavirus monitoring body chief reveals when Chinese ...05:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Amjad Sabri’s killer sentenced to death in three more killings05:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Kashmir Beats – Hira Mani wins hearts with her Sawaari09:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021