Pakistani fathers to get one-month leave on birth of child
ISLAMABAD – A National Assembly’s standing committee on Law and Justice has approved a bill granted one-month paternity leave to fathers on the birth of first three children.
For mother, the bill approved six-month maternity leave on the birth of first childe while the duration will be reduced to four months on the second child. Mothers will be granted three months leave on the birth of third child and the time period will remain same on birth of next children, local media reported.
The bill provides the facility to employees of both public and private organizations. The law is applicable to the federal capital only.
Qurattul Ain Marri, a legislator from Sanghar, had moved the bill, which took around 18 months to be drafted.
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- 'Stop India from blinding, maiming Kashmiris', Pakistan to the world10:40 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020