Pakistan, UK on 'same page' over Afghanistan: Qureshi
LONDON – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, who is on a 3-day official visit to Britain, said Pakistan and the United Kingdom are on the same page over regional peace in Afghanistan.
Both Pakistan and the United Kingdom are on the same page when it comes to the demand for an inclusive government in a war-torn country. Qureshi made the statement after dinner in the British capital hosted by Pakistan High Commission.
He discussed a number of issues, including the situation in the war-ravaged country along with Pakistan's role in maintaining peace in the region.
Britain presses the new Afghan setup for an inclusive government in Afghanistan, and Pakistan also requested the Taliban for inclusive administration, he said while adding that our approaches might differ but goals are the same, per reports.
Exposing the western agenda against Pakistan, he said media controlled by some countries are trying to blame Pakistan for the situation in Afghanistan. It’s the former Afghan rulers who are responsible for the current situation there.
US terms Pakistan a key ally when it comes to ... 01:52 PM | 8 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The United States has termed Pakistan as an important partner across a number of fronts, adding that ...
“Pakistan is not a safe haven for terrorists. Western media outlets should come here and see the situation for themselves,” he stressed.
Furthermore, FM also mentioned the probability of a humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan and urged Britain to contact the Taliban government to resolve the issue. If the world isolates Afghanistan, then there will be a refugee problem and people will turn to European countries, he added.
FM Qureshi arrives in London on 3-day official ... 02:27 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has arrived in the British capital as he undertakes a three-day ...
- Aibak Polo Cup: Finals tomorrow11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- 6th Sheheryar Malik Memorial Pakistan Open Tennis Championship: ...11:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Azerbaijan allows tax-free import of Pakistani rice for five years11:37 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Punjab IT minister urges SBP to reverse its decision to suspend DCB ...10:34 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Veteran writer Mustansar Hussain Tarar hospitalised with chest pain10:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Tariq Teddy’s family gets Rs3 million cheque06:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui asks Sajal Aly not to 'stoke unnecessary controversy' ...06:36 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Watch - Shehnaaz Gill wins hearts for consoling a weeping fan04:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022