US pledges another $10mn under food security for Pakistan
WASHINGTON – US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has pledged strong support from Washington for Pakistan as the South Asian country is facing the worst consequences of the climate crisis.
Secretary Blinken met Pakistani Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto on Monday where the two exchanged views on a host of issues including trade, climate change, and bilateral ties.
During the meeting, FM Bilawal apprised his US counterpart about the devastation caused by unprecedented floods in Pakistan and also thanked him for continued support after the flooding.
Speaking at a joint presser with Blinken, Bilawal said Pakistan is facing a huge natural calamity and devastation which has affected millions of people, saying our contribution is less than 1 percent in greenhouse gas emissions.
Foreign Minister said with US cooperation, hundreds of projects of the green revolution can be initiated.
Speaking on the occasion, the US Secretary of State announced an additional grant of $10 million under the head of food security for Pakistan.
Following the worst scenario of human-caused climate change, the US Secretary of State said he was pleased to announce another $10 million for food security assistance, adding he was sending a simple message that “we are here for Pakistan just like we have been in the past”.
US top diplomat also mentioned managing a responsible relationship with New Delhi. He said: “Our colleagues also spoke about China and we also critically talked about deepening our relations.”
“We are convinced to do much more on trade and convinced that the bilateral relationship is strong and will continue to be stronger”, he said.
US Ambassador Donald Blome says devastation ... 11:50 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
LAHORE — US Ambassador Donald Blome said on Monday the devastation caused by the recent floods in Pakistan was ...
Blinken further said that Islamabad and Washington worked together on mutual threats and worked together on counterterrorism and shared common objectives on war torn Afghanistan.
A delegation-level meeting was earlier held at the State Department in which stock of enhanced bilateral engagement in trade, energy, food, health, and areas of mutual interest and cooperation were discussed.
US announces humanitarian aid of $30mn for flood ... 09:56 PM | 30 Aug, 2022
WASHINGTON – The United States has announced that it will provide up to $30 million for relief efforts as floods ...
- Imran Khan meets CM Elahi today to discuss dissolution of Punjab ...10:15 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: England win toss, opt to bat first against Pakistan in first ...09:51 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Army solider martyred in gunfight with terrorists in North ...09:32 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan vs England first Test to start today as scheduled ...09:05 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:36 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig reveals her K-pop star look in new photos09:22 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Kriti Sanon quashes dating rumours with Prabhas06:21 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Ayeza Khan rocks chic look in new viral pictures05:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022