Irrfan Khan attends mother Saeda Begum's funeral via video call
Bollywood actor was unable to travel due to COVID-19 restrictions
MUMBAI - Famed Bollywood star Irrfan Khan’s mother Saeda Begum has passed away in India, however, the actor could not attend her mother’s last rites.
According to Indian media reports, 95-year-old Saeda Begum died in the Indian city of Jaipur, while Irrfan Khan is in Mumbai and could not attend her mother’s funeral due to the coronavirus lockdown. Reportedly, Irfan Khan had attended the funeral proceedings via video call.
It is to be noted that due to Coronavirus, the severe lockdown has been imposed in India and all domestic and international flights have been suspended. In India, 27,892 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed while 872 people have died from the virus so far.
Past few years were so difficult for Irfan Khan as he was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumour in March 2018 and had moved from India to the UK for treatment.
He returned to India in 2019 after recovering and after that, his film English Medium was released which proved to be successful.
- Pakistan condemns construction of temple at Babri Mosque site in India11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan Army shoots down Indian spy drone along LoC06:42 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020