Irrfan Khan attends mother Saeda Begum's funeral via video call
Bollywood actor was unable to travel due to COVID-19 restrictions
MUMBAI - Famed Bollywood star Irrfan Khan’s mother Saeda Begum has passed away in India, however, the actor could not attend her mother’s last rites.
According to Indian media reports, 95-year-old Saeda Begum died in the Indian city of Jaipur, while Irrfan Khan is in Mumbai and could not attend her mother’s funeral due to the coronavirus lockdown. Reportedly, Irfan Khan had attended the funeral proceedings via video call.
It is to be noted that due to Coronavirus, the severe lockdown has been imposed in India and all domestic and international flights have been suspended. In India, 27,892 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed while 872 people have died from the virus so far.
Past few years were so difficult for Irfan Khan as he was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumour in March 2018 and had moved from India to the UK for treatment.
He returned to India in 2019 after recovering and after that, his film English Medium was released which proved to be successful.
- Date announced for FA, FSC results 2020 in Punjab07:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Gujranwala policeman booked for allegedly raping girl at home07:40 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Policy rate to remain unchanged at 7%, says SBP07:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Army does not have any role in political affairs, says General Bajwa06:50 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran, COAS Bajwa hold key meeting06:43 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cardi B reveals the reason she filed for divorce from Offset01:14 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020