Electricity breakdown, delayed oil ships caused petroleum crisis: Petroleum Secretary
According to details the secretary appeared before parliamentary standing committee to brief about the petroleum crises. Federal government issued 40 billion rupees to meet the petroleum demands, he said.
Mirza told the committee that the major reason behind the crisis was the sudden stalling of Pak Arab Refinery (PARCO). Electricity break down was the reason behind it, he added.
“Two ships of Pakistan State Oil (PSO) carrying oil supply were also delayed for days that fanned the crises”, he quoted.
The members of the committee expressed their concerns over absence of the federal ministers.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022