Canadian lawmaker of Pak-origin calls on IPC minister
ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister of Inter-Provincial Coordination (IPC) Dr Fehmida Mirza held a meeting with Canadian Parliamentarian of Pakistani-origin, Salma Ataullah Jan on Tuesday.
The minister acknowledged Salma’s efforts towards supporting and encouraging the participation of women in the field of politics, said a press release issued here.
“It’s wonderful to have Canadian senator joining our parliamentarians to support women political participation here in Pakistan,” Fehmida said.
She commended the Canadian senator for her contributions towards the development of mechanisms, legislation and policies to prioritize women empowerment and rights. She also briefed her about IPC ministry’s steps for that purpose. She said that the ministry had always given great importance to women sports’ promotion and was endeavouring hard to provide them with maximum opportunities to ensure their participation in all sport disciplines.
The minister highlighted women role for the progress of Pakistan – both in economic development and political and social domains.
Underscoring women rights and their empowerment, she highlighted the government’s efforts for framing women-friendly laws and also providing them platforms for enhanced skills development.
Meanwhile, Governor Gilgit-Baltistan also called on the minister. He apprised the minister about the steps taken for women empowerment in Gilgit-Baltistan, including their economic and social independence. He said that the Gilgit-Baltistan government was focusing on the role of women in sports and making an all-out effort for the promotion of women sports.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019