20 accused indicted in Youhanabad lynching case
Two people were first beaten and then set on fire after they were caught by the enraged christian community from the lasts site on March 14.
All of the accused denied charges leveled by prosecution during the hearing.
The court adjourned hearing ordering the prosecution to present its witnesses on the next date.
Most of these suspects were arrested from houses of their close relatives where they had been hiding, after police identified them through CCTV footages and still cameras.
As many as 14 people, including two policemen, were killed and 77 others injured when two suicide bombers struck outside two churches in Youhanabad area of Lahore.
The tragedy angered the Christian community in Youhanabad and two youths caught from the site were burnt alive on the suspicion of their involvement in the blasts.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021