Multan landlord sets servant ablaze for ‘demanding salary’
MULTAN – In a shocking incident in the city of Saints on Thursday, a domestic worker was allegedly set on fire by a landlord employer for demanding salary.
Police said Umar Akram, a Wapda Town resident, hired a domestic helper, Irshad. The man was reportedly not paid salary for around two months. Umar did not clear the outstanding dues despite numerous requests.
Adding to that, on Thursday when the servant asked for salary again, the landlord subjected him to death and later set him on fire.
The neighbours upon hearing the screams of the boy called the police. Police and rescue team rushed to the scene and shifted the victim to the hospital where he was being treated. Hospital sources said that the victim is in critical condition.
A case has been registered at the Bahauddin Zakaria station and the accused has been apprehended.
Two minor girls set on fire by 3 men in ... 11:32 AM | 8 Jan, 2021
MULTAN - Two minor girls were set on fire allegedly by three men over a marriage dispute in Muzaffargarh's Leshariwala ...
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021