UN Secretary General gets vaccinated against Covid-19
NEW YORK – UN Secretary General António Guterres announced that he got vaccinated against Covid-19 in a statement issued by the UNICEF on Thursday.
“I was fortunate and grateful to get the first dose of my COVID-19 vaccine today," Guterres said. "We must get to work to make sure the vaccine is available to everyone, everywhere. Our world can only get ahead of this virus one way — in solidarity. None of us are safe until all of us are safe. My thanks to all the essential and frontline workers who have risked their own health to protect and support their communities. Solidarity is crucial in our global fight against the pandemic."
UNICEF also gave a message to the public, asking anyone who has gotten a vaccine or knows someone who has received the shot to post a picture with the V-sign and a message telling why it is important to them.
"I was fortunate and grateful to get the first dose of my COVID-19 vaccine today," UN Secretary-General António Guterres...Posted by UNICEF on Thursday, 28 January 2021
World leaders are getting the immunised from the deadly coronavirus in the first round of vaccine disbursement throughout the world. The vaccine is administered in two phases with 20 days gap in between.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021