‘Wasn’t in my senses,’ PPP leader claims innocence after abusing CJP Gulzar in viral video
A Karachi-based leader of PPP informed the Supreme Court that he was not in his sense when he spoke obscenities against Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmed in a viral video.
Masoodur Rehman Abbasi, who is an officer-bearer of the political party, stated this during hearing of contempt case launched against him when his video of hurling abusing at the top judge of the country went viral last month.
A four-member bench had summoned him to explain as to why he made insulting remarks against CJP.
He told the court, “I wasn’t in my senses at that time”.
Later, Justice Umar Ata Bandial asked Abbasi to submit a written response to the court as verbal statement could not help in deciding the case.
‘It’s the culture of Punjab’, PML-N’s ... 10:15 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Shaikh Rohale Asghar is facing backlash on social media ...
- New Zealand PM issues statement after Kiwis back out of Pakistan tour08:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Cricket world hits back at New Zealand for cancelling tour07:50 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Zameen.com signs on as sales and marketing partner for T Square in ...07:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- 'Disappointed' – Team Pakistan react after New Zealand's ...06:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Argentina plans to buy Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder fighter jets06:32 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021