AJK commemorates Youm-e-Ashur, paying homage to Karbala martyrs
MIRPUR – The 10th of Muharram-ul-Haraam, Ashura, was observed on Sunday with due reverence and solemnity In Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) to commemorate the supreme sacrifices of lives, offered by Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions for upholding the sanctity of Islam, righteousness and truth.
Observance of this day symbolises unique sacrifice of the grand son of the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions who embraced martyrdom in the blazing deserts of Karbala.
Tazia, Alam and Zuljinnah processions were brought out from central Imambargahs in all major cities and towns across the State including in the capital city of Muzaffarabad besides Mirpur, Kotli, Bagh, Bhimber, Sudhanoti, Haveili, Rawalakot, Hattiyan and Neelam valley districts which culminated at their stipulated religious sites - Imambargahs after passing through their traditional routes, terminated at the main imambargahs this evening.
Religious scholars, including ulema, khateeb and zakireen called upon the Muslim Ummah on this occasion to foster unity in their ranks to fight against inimical forces of Islam.
No untoward incident was reported from any part of the AJK till filing of this report, following fool proof security and other arrangements.
Other processions were taken out from other different areas of the towns and villages merged into the main processions to terminate after reaching their destinations.
Thousands of mourners walked in the processions.
Water and milk stalls were set up to quench the thirst of the mourners, in stark contrast to the situation of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions who were denied even a drop of water by their heartless enemies.
Zakirs, Naatkhawans and religious scholars highlighted the significance of the supreme sacrifice of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions who laid down their lives for supremacy of righteousness, truth and justice.
All three stations of Azad Kashmir Radio Mirpur, Tararkheil and Muzaffarabad aired special programs in the backdrop of the historic significance.
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020