PM Imran breaks silence on Nawaz Sharif returning to Pakistan (VIDEO)
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday gave his two cents on media reports rife with news about the potential return of PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif to Pakistan.
Nawaz Sharif had left the country in 2019 after his seven-year sentence in a graft case was suspended by the Islamabad High Court for eight weeks, allowing him to go abroad to seek medical treatment.
He never returned to Pakistan and was declared a "proclaimed offender" by multiple courts and "absconder" by the government.
Today, PM Imran Khan briefly responded to a slew of questions made by reporters when he was heading to the National Assembly where his government presented a supplementary finance bill.
Responding to a question about Nawaz’s return, the premier said: “When he [Nawaz Sharif] was in Saudi Arabia, we have been heard such talk but he had come after striking a deal”.
Talking about Leader of the Opposition Shehbaz Sharif, Khan said that his speech is nothing but a "job application".
PML-N leader makes huge claim about Nawaz ... 07:20 PM | 9 Sep, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Mian Javed Latif claimed on Thursday that former prime ...
- Pakistan, Oman naval chiefs discuss ways to boost defence ties08:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- ‘No need of foreign labour,’ Afghan Taliban turn down ...08:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Gobi's Paints 3rd U19 Junior Polo Championship: BX Polo win opener07:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Zimbabwe win toss, put Pakistan to bat07:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Areeba Habib and husband Saadain spotted dancing at a friend's wedding04:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021