Mehwish Hayat, Humayun Saeed team up for London Nahi Jaunga
London Nahi Jaunga is not a sequel of Punjab Nahi Jaungi
While having a talk with news portal Masala, Baig said it is not a sequel to Punjab Nahi Jaungi (PNJ), but is of a similar genre. “It’s a new story with the same cast and a couple of new people in it,” the director said in a recent interview.
Baig had confirmed to media officials that Hayat and Saeed are going to share the screen in LNJ. The film will release in 2020.
In the past, Baig has given many box office hits, including PNJ, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (JPNA) and JPNA 2. Baig said he has no plans as of now to create a third part.
Talking about his casting choices, Baig said: “Humayun is a brilliant actor and after drama Mere Pas Tum Ho, he has shown a side of his personality which not many people had seen before.”
After the drama, people want to see Humayun more, he added. Baig went on to say that he would like to cast Fahad Mustafa, Hamza Ali Abbasi, and Fawad Khan in his next projects.
The director said he enjoys making dramas more than films. “Storytelling is more fun on TV.”
“You have more time and there are more layers to a story you can show [in dramas],” he said. “There is no commercial pressure in dramas and you don’t have to bring a box office response and worry about recovering money.”
Baig has also directed dramas Ladies Park, Omer Dadi Aur Gharwale, Annie Ki Ayegi Baraat and Pyarey Afzal, and co-produced Takkay Ki Ayegi Baraat and Azar Ki Ayegi Baraat.
However, the director said there are more scripts in line, which he thinks will be more fun.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019