Pakistan cuts int’l flights by 80 percent as Covid-19 cases surge
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Saturday announced a major cut in incoming international flights as the third wave of novel coronavirus intensifies in the country.
According to the issued guidelines from the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC), international air travel from May 4 to May 20, as inbound air traffic, will remain at 20 percent amid high virus prevalence around the globe.
Pakistan’s top monitoring body has also notified that the flight plan will be reviewed on May 18. It further added that all passengers coming to Pakistan from abroad must show a PCR negative test report 72 hours in advance.
In view of prevailing global and regional disease trends, Pakistan has decided to reduce inbound international travel from 5 May to 20th May. International flights to Pakistan will be reduced to 20% during this period. pic.twitter.com/wEQDqpkQpd— NCOC (@OfficialNcoc) May 1, 2021
The PCR test will be conducted again at the airport on arrival in Pakistan and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) will be bound to ensure the supply of PCR test kits at all international airports.
A statement issued on Saturday stated positive cases will be shifted by provincial/district administration to a self-paid facility for 10-day quarantine with TTQ of contacts (if any). The PCR test will be conducted on the eighth day of the quarantine period. In case of a negative result, passengers will be allowed to proceed home.
It further added that in case of positive results, passengers will either undergo additional quarantine periods or will be shifted to hospital as per the advice of health authorities.
Pakistan reports 4,696 new cases, 146 deaths amid ... 10:03 AM | 1 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 146 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021