Russia offers to host Nagorno-Karabakh peace talks to end Armenia-Azerbaijan fight
MOSCOW - Russia has offered to host talks over Azerbaijan and Armenian conflict as the fighting between the forces has intensified in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Russian Foreign Minister's office confirmed that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov made the offer in calls to both governments of the neighbouring countries.
Russia has urged the countries to halt warlike rhetoric after fighting intensified between both countries.
More than 100 deaths have been reported since Sunday, in the heaviest fighting in the conflict zone of over Nagorno-Karabakh.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that, Nagorno-Karabakh is internationally recognised as part of Azerbaijan but it is governed by ethnic Armenians.
- Pakistani man booked for offering Rolex and Mercedes to Dubai cop as ...08:17 AM | 26 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran writes to Facebook for banning Islamophobic content11:17 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Emirates celebrates 35 years of connecting Pakistan to the world09:41 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Death toll in blast-hit Quetta reaches 709:29 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Medical Commission announces admission criteria for foreign ...08:53 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- Naumaan Ijaz’ Instagram account has been hacked02:01 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020