IHC directs federal govt to response on Roosevelt Hotel closure
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court on Monday directed the federal government to submit its response regarding policies on the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City.
Justice Aamir Farooq presided the plea against the closure of PIA’s Roosevelt Hotel.
During the hearing, Advocate Tariq Asad states that the government considers transforming the hotel into apartments and offices. Roosevelt Hotel has its traditional importance and the transformation will cost more to the government, he added.
Asad also mentioned that US President Donald Trump has also shown his interest in buying the hotel.
The court also directed the assistant attorney general to appraise the court on the policy matter of the hotel and adjourned the hearing for one week.
Later, the hearing was adjourned for a week.
Last month, Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan had disproved reports circulating in certain quarters regarding the sale of PIA’s Roosevelt Hotel in New York.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021